Join the Rural Dynamics AmeriCorps program where members are serving communities in Montana while building their career experience. This is a national service opportunity to spend one year making a difference in the United States. Whether you serve in your hometown or travel to Montana from across the country, our projects provide a unique chance to improve your professional development and make a difference in the lives of others.
Benefits to Service
|Living Allowance |
Members receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses.
|Professional Development Training|
Members have the opportunity to attend in-person and virtual training to learn how to be a community development change agent.
|Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE)|
AmeriCorps VISTA is the only AmeriCorps program that allows members to earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving members an edge in the federal hiring process.
|End of Service Award|
Members can choose between a Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6,000) to pay for a range of education expenses or a $1,800 cash stipend.
- Loan deferment or forbearance while enrolled as a VISTA
- 2nd job is allowable
- Child care
- Relocation Travel Allowance based on mileage, up to $1,000.00.
- Settling-In Allowance if relocating from over 50 miles away
- Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Pass a national service criminal history check
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
To apply to become an AmeriCorps VISTA, please visit the AmeriCorps VISTA website.
For more information about the RDI AmeriCorps program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.